I have led several different teams to Peru in order to validate one way or the other whether or not the Paracas Elongated Skulls (see picture to the left) are genetic, or the results of cradle boarding. We are still in the process of trying to get genetic material out of Peru, to do further testing.
The process is arduous to say the least. The team has had different archaeologist starting in 2013, which was our first trip but our lead archaeologist is Mondo Gonzales.
In Watchers Ultimate Collection, the cover of the DVD shows a very elongated skull. This artifact had been in a private collection for decades. Richard Shaw, the co-producer and director of our series, Mondo Gonzales and yours truly, went to the location in the United States and extracted fresh DNA powder. We did this under the supervision of the Paleo DNA lab in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. The suits we wore were provided by them, along with precise instructions on how to collect the samples.
Mondo returned later and was able to extract even more material. Both times we were dressed in full lab-suits, from head-to-toe. The results, while preliminary, show a Haplo-group from Turkey and Syria. If this data holds it does point to the validity of my hypothesis that people travelled to Peru well in advance of 1492. The other samples resulted in a European Haplo-group.
All of the results of our preliminary testing is shown in Watchers 10 and my book, Nephilim Hybrids. We were transparent with what we found.
It has come to my attention that Mike Heiser has written what can only be called a disparaging post which impugns the integrity of our research and our team. Heiser has done this before and I’m reluctant to engage him because it’s exactly what he wants.
I wonder why he has to go to an atheist to find someone who will support his views. It would appear he has an ax to grind. Too bad, I have nothing against Mike and think he raises some good points in his books. However, enough is enough. Here’s Mondo’s rebuttal. You be the judge. L. A. Marzulli
The Pretentious Path of Being an Armchair Critic
This article is a response to a short blog post by Dr. Michael Heiser on his website. Before addressing this article, I want to say upfront that I appreciate Mike Heiser’s scholarship in Old Testament studies and languages. I received my master’s degree in these disciplines as well as archaeology, so I feel a camaraderie with his work. Yet, I feel much of his comments and criticisms of the research being done seeking to understand possible connections between ancient trans-Atlantic migration theories and the Bible are unfair and uncharitable. It’s wise to be a critical thinker, but as far as I know he hasn’t sought to understand fully the intentions and hypothesis of our team. As he should know, the scientific pursuit of testing theories and hypotheses is never a smooth road. It involves interacting with methodological challenges, politics (in our case, the nature of Peruvian laxness within the governmental Ministry of Culture), funding, research team dynamics, biased (or ignorant) media focus, scientific technological accessibility, etc.
He didn’t write much in this particular post, but ironically, he did take the time to recommend another blog post by genetics professor, Dr. Jennifer Raff, who strongly criticized our efforts at ascertaining the genetic history of the Paracas skulls. I say this because Heiser is a vocal proponent of the Biblical truths of fallen angels taking human women as wives and producing hybrid Nephilim. If he respects Dr. Raff’s ability, as an anthropologist and geneticist, to look beyond her evolutionary and secular training to make comments on the research being done by L.A. Marzulli and his team, he should also ask her to comment on his own writings and books concerning his belief of human/angelic hybrids. I imagine someone might say that Mike Heiser is simply bringing to the forefront a criticism he found of some of the genetic research being done by the several teams that have gone to Peru. This is understandable, but we need to be honest. Not a single secular geneticist would ever even consider the possibility of angelic/human hybrids as taught in Genesis 6 being even remotely accurate. Hopefully, Heiser would conclude (based on his published works) and admit that the Nephilim that existed in the past certainly did have a real physical genetic code. I admire him as an Old Testament scholar, but he is clearly being selective and hypocritical in endorsing a secular professor’s criticism, which if inquired, would certainly include him in her category of “pseudoscience” or “mythology” due to his views on Genesis 6. Before he throws stones too far in promoting her criticism of our work, he should be careful that those same stones aren’t finding their way back to mock his own viewpoints.
I am writing this response because three years ago, I became part of the team which has participated in the pursuit to establish a more definitive history of the Paracas people of Peru. I cannot vouch for the protocols of the team before I became a participant because I wasn’t there. However, I know that from the beginning of my interactions with L.A. Marzulli, he has sought to move beyond any past deficiencies that he became aware of and to always pursue the strictest level of scientific practice. We have consulted a variety of secular PhD scientists and archaeologists in order to integrate their guidance and instruction for the purpose of having an above the board research methodology. Every scientific endeavor has one, if not several, hypotheses. In addition, every scientific researcher has presuppositions and a basic worldview from which they seek to implement empirical research. Our team is not different. We are researching and it is our desire to wade our way through the various data that we are receiving. This takes time and no end all conclusion has been made. It is common in our discussions to hear the phrase, “more research needs to be done”.
Unfortunately, Dr. Jennifer Raff did not reach out to any of us on our team before haughtily criticizing our work. Instead, she uses condescending labels such as mythology, pseudoscientific, and fantasy. I have spent much of my life in academia and I have much respect for those who are experts in their field. Nevertheless, it doesn’t presuppose that they are correct in all their criticisms, nor is it right for them to avoid the basic etiquette of getting the facts before disparaging another’s work. All that being said, there were several criticisms she made which were accurate, but unfortunately selective on her part. Many of those criticisms she has made have since been corrected and according to her own comments in her blog post, she was quite aware that these were corrected. Yet, she failed to be transparent and mention that improvements in the methodology had been implemented.
She begins her criticism by highlighting that ancient cultures practiced cranial deformation and proceeds to give quotations from experts in this field of study. The reader is left to conclude that this evidence of cranial head boarding is clearly the only explanation for all elongated skulls studied by the experts. We are well aware of the literature concerning this form of cultural modification. We have visited the national museums highlighting Julio Tello’s archaeological research and also the actual sites where these specimens were found. There is no doubt that cranial deformation existed in various forms, but even Peruvian scholars acknowledge that their understanding of the material culture is not fully explained by simple cranial deformation only. There are anomalies in many of the skulls that we have analyzed that cannot be attributed to cranial deformation, but instead strongly suggest genetic differences. Additionally, there are data that show the skulls of fetuses in utero showing signs of elongation which obviously could not have been modified culturally. These are just two examples of the research that we are doing which is not based on “alien mythology” or other “nonsense” as Dr. Raff says. We have made no final conclusions, but instead are keeping an open mind and pursuing the evidence. There are academic papers in the works on these exact subjects, but we are doing our due diligence before they are released.
Dr. Raff continues her critique by bringing up Brian Forester’s publicizing his efforts of seeking to get DNA analyzed and interpreted. She calls this “science by press release”. She makes a valid point here and this is the exact thing our team has been seeking to avoid. We have been very intentional about going through all the appropriate legal and scientific channels so that when a conclusion is finally reached, we can avoid this sort of dismissive response. She commits the fallacy of guilt by association in condemning our team simply because we are researching a similar project. Our protocols and methodologies are our own and we should be assessed on our own merits.
She continues her reproach by bringing up the extractions that took place concerning the privately held skull in Oregon. I was part of this expedition and personally did the extractions. I was there and I am fully aware of the procedures we used to make sure that none or minimal contamination could occur. It is virtually impossible for anyone to guarantee that absolutely no contamination could exist in doing an extraction of DNA from an ancient skull. She makes the claim that “Based on their [“the legitimate lab” in her words] reports to him, they cautioned him [L.A. Marzulli] extensively about their concerns regarding contamination of the sample, and he ignored those cautions to promote his own ideas.” This is absolutely untrue and there is no way she can be confident that this is the case because she has not spoken with any of the 4 people that were there when we took the extraction. In fact, we asked the lab for their instructions and they sent us much of the equipment that we needed to conduct as best as possible a contamination-free extraction. This included full body suits covering every area of exposed skins as well as goggles, etc. She is just plain wrong in her dismissive accusations here.
After briefly discussing the Oregon skull she presents a video of the extraction of the baby skull and shows a picture with arrows on it demonstrating the way in which contamination “most likely” occurred. She makes several valid criticisms here and that is where opportunities to correct past mistakes exist.
Incidentally, after this baby extraction and BEFORE the Oregon skull extraction, L.A. and myself had already put into practice the correction of these errors and instituted the proper techniques to minimize contamination. Dr. Raff posts a picture of her in proper attire to perform an extraction and this is precisely the method we used in the Oregon skull extraction. We also immediately put our specimens in sealed, sterile bags which were only opened later by the laboratory which she called legitimate. We were told that, in agreement with what Dr. Raff claims is proper procedure, they were bleached and irradiated to remove any contamination. We followed the procedures as she outlined them. If she would have contacted us, we could have communicated to her what we did and didn’t do. Instead, she used older material to unfairly make her criticisms which we subsequently had already corrected!
Further, when we did further extractions under the auspices and permission of the Peruvian Ministry of Culture at one of their regional museums in Peru, we maintained these protocols throughout ALL our procedures. Interestingly, she failed to mention that these changes indeed had taken place.
Returning to her condemning remarks concerning the extraction of the Oregon Skull she notes that the skull was most likely handled by many people over the years and contained a varnish. It certainly did! This is not something that we have ever hid nor denied. This is exactly why we felt the need to take samples from deep into the bone in order to minimize the possibility of contamination or surface DNA leeching into the bone from the surface. Dr. Raff makes the statement that “No bleach or UV were used to decontaminate either the tools used to collect the bone sample, nor the sample itself.” This is where she deserves to lose credibility. How can she make this claim? Was she there? I personally purchased the bleach that we used not only to decontaminate the tools, but also the sample itself! By stating these ignorant criticisms, she is ironically proving that we were following good DNA extraction techniques. We did the exact things she said we didn’t do. Further, we were instructed by geneticists that gas dusters would not contaminate our process. If this is not the case and there is evidence to show this, we will immediate implement different procedures.
Dr. Raff begins to conclude her diatribe by stating, “As a reviewer I wouldn’t accept either result as endogenous DNA: it would need to be redone under proper conditions, verified by at least two independent extractions, and include comparative sequences from the individuals sampling the DNA to ensure that the sequences recovered weren’t from them.” I find it fascinating that she lists out what she would “need” in order to accept the results. It is again ironic, because in fact, we have provided our personal DNA to the lab in order to make sure any samples being sequenced will clearly have all facts needed. Everything she listed as being acceptable above is the exact protocols that we have taken. Unfortunately, I don’t believe that she would receive the evidence no matter what “acceptable” procedures we followed. It is too easy for an armchair critic to simply say “I can’t accept the conclusion. The DNA has been contaminated”. It reminds me of the high-profile research done by Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University. As far back as 1997, she discovered flexible blood vessels inside the fossilized thigh bone of a supposed 70-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex. The concept of soft tissue surviving for this length of time did not fit within conventional thinking and so instead of encouraging her research to ascertain the physiological mechanism needed to preserve such tissue, they instead berated her experiments as being “contaminated”. She adamantly refused these accusations of contamination and it took 10 years of repeated experiments with the same results before her stubborn (and arrogant?) peer scientists accepted her findings!
I will be fair in saying that Dr. Raff is a very intelligent and knowledgeable scholar. Many of her criticisms are justified and many of them are not. She continues in her blog post to poke fun at some of the writings of L.A. Marzulli in his book on Nephilim hybrids and the various haplo groups. It is true that L.A. has a hypothesis that he believes. That is the first step of any scientific endeavor, having a hypothesis. In my personal conversations with him, he has told me that he will submit to wherever the evidence leads. We have over a dozen more samples from various locations awaiting analysis that were procured with the exact methods Dr. Raff describes in her blog post. We have no final conclusion as yet, but when we get to that point, we will publish an article highlighting all our research and methods.
Dr. Raff concludes, “I hope that interested readers will be better equipped to think critically about ancient DNA claims in the future. Ancient DNA is a useful tool, but only when it’s employed under the most stringent conditions. You simply can’t be sloppy with these methods, or you’ll end up with meaningless results.” I agree with her whole heartedly and these stringent conditions are exactly what we are employing in our research.
Even though we are currently researching the specific genetic history of the Paracas peoples, our overall research is related to trans-Atlantic migration theory as well as assessing how this interacts with the Beringian theory of native American populations.
Interestingly, in a separate blog post about this topic, Dr. Raff writes in response to a question as to whether they are claiming that the Beringian theory is an undisputed fact,
“It is of course possible that genetic evidence of an ancient trans-Atlantic migration event simply has not been found yet. Should credible evidence of direct gene flow from an ancient Solutrean (or Middle Eastern) population be found within ancient Native American genomes, it would require the field to reassess the “Beringian only” model of prehistoric Native American migration. However, no such evidence has been found, and the Beringian migration model remains the best interpretation of the genetic, archaeological, and paleoclimate data to date.
We don’t think it’s likely that new evidence will suddenly crop up showing another source of ancestry for Native Americans, but it remains a formal, albeit remote, possibility. Should such evidence be found, it will require us to reexamine our models. But we can’t incorporate hypothetical results into our interpretations. That would be unscientific.”
What Dr. Raff fails to mention is how much (or little) active genetic research on ancient native American peoples is taking place. This is the exact thing we are doing and it seems that her commitment to the Beringian theory is potentially blinding her to any research that might contradict this viewpoint. Instead of engaging the data or asking us for more information, she attacks our research in a condescending way without getting all the pertinent facts. What she reluctantly admits as an “albeit remote, possibility” has become the hypothesis we are exploring. She should be cheering us on or even offering to join us (even if her tone is to make sure we do it right).
We are patiently waiting for much more data to be processed, analyzed, and interpreted, but we are persevering.
As we are fond of saying, “We are on the trail”. There is more to come!
~Mondo Gonzales, MA
Paracas DNA Team
From the Folks
Just read through the rebuttal.
A sad necessity these days.
Academic hubris and arogance never cease to amaze and irritate me.
Its amazing (well not really) that lack of insight or awareness “scientists” show into the impact of their own biases yet regularly acuse others of the same thing.
Keep up the good work and stay on the trail.
You are in the arena and the critics are in the stands doing nothing.
Last night there were tornado’s in Missouri which is where FRINGE radio is located. The show was postponed because of power outages!
The Watchman Chronicles DVD will be shipping soon. We’ve had some snags at the duplicators but everything is now a go.
I’ll keep you informed as to our progress. As soon as we get them we’ll start shipping them out. Thanks for your patience.
Now on to bigger things…
Congress wants to raise the debt ceiling…again. Nothing will really change in Washington until Term Limits are set and these career politicians get the heave-ho!
Paul Ryan is actually defending Congress working for only 9 days in April. Gee, the rest of us should have a job like that.
Paul Ryan is floating what amounts to Obama-care-lite. Rand Paul and others are furious and are pushing back.
Mitch McConnell, another long-term-I’ve-been-here-so-long-I-actually-had-lunch-with-Lincoln, republican, has announced there will be no tax cuts this year! Really? I’m furious about this as I pay upward of 50% of my income to the Feds and the state. Can’t run a business like this. Unless there is relief soon there will be no Middle Class.
The media is talking about the Deep State. Here’s the definition:
noun: deep state; plural noun: deep states
a body of people, typically influential members of government agencies or the military, believed to be involved in the secret manipulation or control of government policy.”the deep state and its policy of allowing extremist ideologies to flourish may be the actual issues of concern”
LOL! This is called the shadow government and I’ve been banging this drum for years. There is a shadow government and it’s been in existence since WWII. The last real president we had was JFK, and looked what happened to him. That being said, Trump was never supposed to be elected… period. As I’ve stated before the 2016 election was supposed to be about The House of Bush vs. The House of Clinton. No one ever expected Trump to actually win.
The Deep State spies on us, puts pressure on politicians, keeps the endless wars going and subverts other nations. The Deep State will destroy anyone who gets in its way. Russia hacking of the 2016 election? Really? Not a shred of evidence. Who tapped General Flynn’s phone line? Hmmm.
In closing. The country is more divided than ever. The Weasel’s in Washington continue to control and manipulate the rest of us. Remember, our fore-fathers fought the American Revolution because of taxation without representation. It’s got to stop folks, It might be time to protest by recalling some of these career politicians who think it’s fine and dandy to work only 9 days in April, while the rest of us wonder how we’re going to pay our taxes, mortgages, car-payments and keep food on the table. I’ve had it up to my eyeballs. VOTE THE BUMS OUT! Drain the swamp!
This came across my desk and it is both pithy and erudite. L.A.
RE: The hypocrisy of International Women’s Day and
THANK YOU for all that you and your staff do. It is a gift to so many that you bring truth and guests that share their research, educated opinions and views with a true Christian point of view. Your interview skills and research abilities are a gift that allow viewers to hear truth that is not being presented to them. You have a rare gift.
Today is International Women’s Day – for decades I have found the women who are involved are both shallow and hypocritical – using this day as a rage outlet for their personal unhealed wounds that need healing and thus not focusing on real issues. Does this mean that they have not been hurt – often badly? No – simply that as Carl Jung would point out they are going after real issues for wrong reasons. An excuse to scream, rage, blame men and white women. It is so hypocritical – and that the monster,
Hilary Clinton is held up as a wronged “hero” and Madonna – the woman who popularized women being “boy toys” and focused on being materialistic – are the leaders of this building, tide of narcissism and rage – is hard to fight.
The problem over the decades since the sixties is that the “soft” conspiracy of social engineering has been lost with the outright social traumas of the Kennedy, MLK, 9/11, Boston, etc. However Social engineering and the use of women through “marketing” – advertising, popular music to keep the majority of the masses from focusing on healing and wholeness and from seeing the slow take over of many of our liberties in the U.S.A. and Canada.
Quickly –what are these Baby Boomer, Gen X, and Millennial women NOT doing as they promote a culture of personal rage that keeps all dialogue and healing from happening?
* The women’s movement holds up the real massacre of women at the Engineering School in Montreal as their banner. However – I worked on the compensation for the women that lived. Example: a female Chinese engineering student, lined up with the others against a wall, was shot and left for dead along with her fellow students. After much hospitalization, she lived – however she had to live with the horror and real pain of her own shooting and the survivor’s guilt of having lived when her fellow students had died. Being that it was Quebec and they are very vicious about recognizing real PTSD and victim’s pain – after months of negotiations ALL we could get for this woman was a payout of about 170 thousand as lifetime benefits for physical rehab, PTSD, counseling and support. Even in the U.S.A. at the time – the payout for the horror that she and others had gone through would have been millions with recognition of the trauma. WHERE are the women that shout and scream about the massacre on helping this and other silenced women?
- Since the eighties real concerned women have been going on about the Clitorectomies that happen in Africa Immigrant, Islamic and Coptic Christian populations in the U.S.A., Canada, Britain and Europe. This is done by women – mothers – to their daughters. It ranges from the removal of the Clitoris – the least invasive – to the removal of the labia as well, that can leave women incontinent and lame for life because major ligaments and muscles are often nicked or cut during the procedure. Not to mention that it is done by mothers and their friends with no anesthesia and no medical skills.
* Women have embraced physical yoga taught by Gen Xers and Millennials who have no real training and certainly no years of training in India. They pick and choose the “divinity” and parts of the Hindu religion that they feel matches their narcissistic desires at the moment. AND YET – – Bride burning in India is a horrible and fairly common practice. The mothers of the groom are usually the one behind the practice. Some grooms “lose” five brides to their Saris supposedly catching fire on toasters. WHY? The mothers choose brides from rich families that have to give huge dowries; when a bride dies the husband gets to keep the dowry. When a young man gets five dowries – he is often set for life. WHY AREN’T THE WOMAN’S MOVEMENT GOING AFTER THIS HORRIBLE PRACTIC THAT KILLS THOUSANDS OF YOUNG WOMEN IN INDIA??? Is it because it is perpetrated by women?
- Bhutrus Gali (sp?) of Pakistan is often held up as a wonderful woman hero. Why isn’t the truth brought out? Under her presidency in Pakistan – thousands of young women in rural areas were taken for their dowries, accused of not being virgins and then the husband kept the dowry and the young women’s family disown them – or kill them – and they end up with no life in charitable shelters for their whole life. Hear the women’s movement speaking up on this? The husband’s sisters and mother are usually behind this marriage selection and accusation.
- Having worked forensics there are ways that women who are often weaker, do defend themselves. This is more and more recognized. BUT WHAT IS NOT recognized is women’s real crimes and murder. Many women are withholding medication, treatments and food from spouses, elderly parents and autistic/disabled children and siblings but have not been called and charged with their crimes. Many women are stealing step children’s estates, autistic/disabled siblings estates and not charged for it because they are women and women’s crimes are overlooked.
- Women’s rape is not being looked at seriously. Women have been sexually abusing children and teens for years. And yet this is not looked at the horror that it is. IN Nebraska a teacher rapist of a fourteen year old boy went to prison, got out and successfully sued for child support. Where is the outrage? Where is the call to responsibility? No rapist should have access to the biological child and certainly not to ANY financial compensation.In Texas and elsewhere – women who have sex with men – including oral sex with condoms – then with intention impregnating themselves – – although their crimes are proved in the courts they are still being awarded child support.
It is estimated that 15 – 20 percent of all births were planned and plotted by women without their partner’s consent. This is not the same as accidental pregnancies between consenting partners. These are plotted entrapments meant to keep a relationship ongoing, force a marriage and for other reasons. Why are women not calling ourselves on this practice?
- Women have since the seventies been very involved in sabotaging other women and not promoting them in positions of management and authority. Most women know this and know how women apply the same logic of why it is okay to stalk and steal husbands to job and career opportunities. Why are Meryl Streep and others pretending so much of women not advancing since the seventies is white male privilege?
- Women knew in the seventies that high heels were a western form of Chinese foot binding and hobbling. And that Fashion beyond nice, long wearing clothes that were comfortable to be in was materialistic. In Hollow Wood we strove to find good, down to earth roles for women and to have them clothed in sensible ways. However, many actresses found that the “sexy” way was easier than working with the industry for empowerment of both women, men and children. Now we have women police chiefs, detectives, surgeons running on five inch, ankle breaking heels – that cost a fortune and do not hold up – wearing crotch and breast revealing outfits. What kind of empowerment is this? A healthy body does not have to look like the monster Hermaphrodite, Hilary in a pants suit – – healthy women look very beautiful in pullovers, jeans or trowsers and sensible shoes.
The current outrage at heels required in many corporations is another lack of holding ourselves responsible – The Beauty Myth came out in the early nineties that demonstrated the wrong disparity of one third of women’s income being spent on yearly fashions to keep up with males in similar positions in the corporations and law firms. But women preferred Sex in the City and drooling like stupid ninny’s over 800 dollar, foot binding high heels than to take responsibility.
* It is said that Madonna is actually CIA and along with the “bull dykes” that took over the women’s movement – making it impossible for heterosexual and/or white women to participate – screaming white women down as the aggressors – – the “powers-that-be” used Madonna and others in the ENTRAINMENT INDUSTRIES to do social engineering to guide society into materialism and the dull lull of constant sex, “romance” and basically not looking after our world and having true spiritual pursuits. Where are the women researching this? Mention it and one is screamed down!
* I will not go into the abortion genocide. In the late 1970s and later we had Thomas Verney, M.D.s excellent research on the consciousness of the fetus – this work was screamed down and hidden because it went against abortion. Although there are medical conditions, rapes and other possible valid reasons for medical termination of the life process – from the 1970s on women and men should have and could have demanded safe conception control – as well as personal responsibilty NOT to sink to the level of mindless sex addictions that the society was programming them for – – a pursuit of men and women as healthy, spiritual mature beings – – instead women chose to be sex objects re Behind the Green Door, the playboy mansion and Deep throat – – –
For the filming of the Exorcist and it’s release – NO women’s outcry at the using of the sacred Cross – – the symbol of the freedom that Jesus Christ purchased our freedom with – – as a sex toy. Basically the Blair parents, Friedkin, Blatty, Warner Brothers and William Morris Agency unleashed a tide of materialism and child/teen sex with the release of the film – so that while many focus on pea soup vomit they do not see the actual evil significance.
L.A. – I could go on with the mind ruining images that the films, Television, video games and music industry have pushed on girls and women that have NEVER been challenged by the current women who are raging. This rage is shallow, narcissistic and all about the women who are carrying it on. It is far easier to be addicted to rage and screaming down the men and others that these women are raging at – than to take personal responsibility and start the healing process for individuals, groups and humanity.
I write this as a women who has been, as a child/teen sexually assaulted and beaten since birth, kidnapped, held and raped for three days, had my educational funds taken by parents, gone through a time when women almost no ability to have good jobs and education – and as a woman who is autistic/dyslexic and handicapped- I new from th3e fifties that things needed to change – – BUT not by blame – – – I have dedicated myself to helping others and have given thousands of hours of pro bono counseling. But few women were listening and to see this narcissistic, wrongful rage of idiots in the streets who have not helped or addressed real issues – is overwhelming.
Thank you again for all that you and your staff do!