Commentary & Analysis
L. A. Marzulli
Yesterday we had yet another Jihadi practice his brand of Islam. He was from Uzbekistan. He had a green card. He lived here for a number of years and enjoyed our country and its bounty. Yet, he was radicalized and did the unthinkable by driving a rented Home Depot van into a bike lane killing eight innocent people and injuring15 others.
I suppose the loony left will try to legislate who can rent a Home Depot Van… but I digress.
Thee is no way to stop someone from becoming radicalized and carrying out heinous acts but there is a way to respond to it and if we have the gumption to carry it out I believe we could greatly limit the Jihadi’s. Here’s the simple plan.
- In Israel when a suicide bomber attacks the IDF finds the family and bulldozes their house. End of story. We need to do the same here. If this guy has a family they are immediately deported back to the country of their origin. Their house is seized and then sold. The money is distributed to the victims of the Jihadi.
- We then sanction the Jihadi’s country of origin making it very clear that we not tolerate terror in our country. There could be several levels to the sanctions, each becoming more severe and if more terror attacks occurred then the sanctions would increase. If we hit countries in their pocketbook they will respond. This would require a coalition of countries that are experiencing Jihad and are willing to stand up against it.
- The Mosque where the Jihad attended services would be immediately shut down and dismantled. No second chances, no leniency. The Imam would be deported back to his country of origin. The building would be demolished and the property sold. The proceeds would go to the families of victims.
- All monies and bank accounts associated with both the Jihadi, the Mosque and families of the Jihadi would be seized and distributed to the victims.
- Family members would be held for questioning and if found complacent in any way would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If found innocent they would then be deported back to their country of origin.
This is what it’s going to take to halt the Jihad. The countries in the free world must realize the threat and ban together. It’s time for the so-called religion of peace to be held accountable. The question is this will we have the fortitude to carry out the plan or will we do nothing and have yet another candle-light vigil.
The plan will work and it will send a very clear signal to those who threaten our way of life and our democracy.