Mumbai Terror Attack Updates Day 2
November 27, 2008, 2:04 PM (GMT+02:00)
– Indian forces poised to storm two hotels and Chabad center where terrorists are holding hostages, including Israelis.
– Israel-India flights continue on schedule. One carried a group of Israeli doctors for Mumbai.
– The Islamist terrorists attacking Mumbai for the second day came from outside the country.
– Indian security sources report many Israeli hostages in the Oberoi Hotel, which the terrorists still control amid sustained gunfire in the lobby.
– Heavy battles resume in the Taj Palace Hotel.
– Indian naval troops board the MV Alpha freighter suspected of having sailed the terrorists to Mumbai’s shore from Karachi, Pakistan.
– Anti-tanks missiles handed out to Indian commando force battling terrorists at Taj Palace hotel.
– Indian general: Four or five terrorists inside Chabad Center.
– Islamist shooting attacks and blasts spread to southern Mumbai away from the hotel district —
– Terrorists hurl grenades at Indian forces surrounding Chabad Center and the Oberoi hotel.
– Fighting flares up anew in the Taj Palace Hotel said to have been cleared Thursday. Some hostages escaped and many bodies were found in guests’ rooms.
– Terrorists are still holed up at the Oberoi Hotel and Chabad Center with hostages, including Israelis, under police-commando siege.
– A loud explosion at the Oberoi Hotel as some of the hundreds of hostages escape.
– A woman and child held at Chabad center came out of the building.
– The Mumbai stock exchange stays shut.
– Police sappers defuse bombs containing RDX strewn across the town.
– International airlines cancel flights to the beleaguered Indian town.
-The terrorists wear elite military unit uniforms. Each has an automatic rifle, grenades and military-style kit.