Posted by lamarzulli on November 27, 2008
Mumbai Terror Attack Updates Day 2
November 27, 2008, 2:04 PM (GMT+02:00)
- Indian forces poised to storm two hotels and Chabad center where terrorists are holding hostages, including Israelis.
- Israel-India flights continue on schedule. One carried a group of Israeli doctors for Mumbai.
- The Islamist terrorists attacking Mumbai for the second day came from outside the country.
- Indian security sources report many Israeli hostages in the Oberoi Hotel, which the terrorists still control amid sustained gunfire in the lobby.
- Heavy battles resume in the Taj Palace Hotel.
- Indian naval troops board the MV Alpha freighter suspected of having sailed the terrorists to Mumbai’s shore from Karachi, Pakistan.
- Anti-tanks missiles handed out to Indian commando force battling terrorists at Taj Palace hotel.
- Indian general: Four or five terrorists inside Chabad Center.
- Islamist shooting attacks and blasts spread to southern Mumbai away from the hotel district —
- Terrorists hurl grenades at Indian forces surrounding Chabad Center and the Oberoi hotel.
- Fighting flares up anew in the Taj Palace Hotel said to have been cleared Thursday. Some hostages escaped and many bodies were found in guests’ rooms.
- Terrorists are still holed up at the Oberoi Hotel and Chabad Center with hostages, including Israelis, under police-commando siege.
- A loud explosion at the Oberoi Hotel as some of the hundreds of hostages escape.
- A woman and child held at Chabad center came out of the building.
- The Mumbai stock exchange stays shut.
- Police sappers defuse bombs containing RDX strewn across the town.
- International airlines cancel flights to the beleaguered Indian town.
-The terrorists wear elite military unit uniforms. Each has an automatic rifle, grenades and military-style kit.
3 Responses to “Mumbai Terror!”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.